Boozy Mexican S'mores Hot Chocolate Recipe
Photo & Video by Suerte Tequila
It's getting cold outside, and the holidays are almost here. But it's also one of our favorite times of the year – hot chocolate season! Our new Portable Camp Stove / Stand Combo is the perfect outdoor cooking tool to make hot chocolate and cook with on your deck/patio/balcony, backyard, campground, beach, and almost anywhere you travel. So, we created a special boozy/spiked hot chocolate drink recipe to celebrate the season, including ingredients from two other notable American companies, McCormick & Company, Inc. and Suerte Tequila.
This Spiked Mexican S'mores Flavored Hot Chocolate with Tequila drink will knock everyone's socks off while creating a unique activity and holiday memories to last a lifetime. And it uses our new camp stove!
Spiked Mexican S'mores Hot Chocolate Recipe
INGREDIENTS & SUPPLIES
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1 and 1/2 bars Mexican Chocolate (broken into chunks)
- 6 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- ½ Cup Whipped Cream (optional)
- ⅛ - ¼ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper (start with 1/8 tsp and season to taste)
- McCormick Flavor Inspirations S’mores Seasoning for Garnish (season to taste)
- 4 Oz. Tequila (we like any Suerte Tequila)
- 1 City Bonfires Portable Camp Stove / Stand Combo
- 1 City Bonfires Original Portable Fire Pit
- 1 Saucepan or pot that is 4 to 10 inches in diameter
- 1 Whisk or spoon (for stirring)
- 1 Torch or Candlestick Lighter
- Set up your City Bonfires Camp Stove and Original Portable Mini Fire pit according to the instructions.
- Place a saucepan or pot securely on the camp stove.
- Warm the milk, watching carefully.
- Add the Mexican chocolate, the cocoa powder, and the sugar.
- Heat until the chocolate dissolves, whisking to combine all ingredients.
- Season with the cayenne pepper. Start with 1/8 teaspoon and season to your taste.
- Pour the hot chocolate milk into 2 large mugs and add 2 oz. of tequila to each mug.
- Top with whipped cream if you like
- Sprinkle with McCormick Flavor Inspirations S’mores Seasoning, to taste.
- Close the lid on the City Bonfire to extinguish it, if you are done using it.